Sunday, May 23, 2010

Open Practice and a Confession...

My dumbell skills are coming along! I'm so very proud of myself and Mom quadruples that! Here is a little collage of retrieving the dumbell over the high jump and doing sits and downs with Shanti while Mom is out of sight for about half the time. For Open, the sits are for 3 minutes and the downs for five minutes. Often, I really like to lie down during the sits - I just gets tired!


So. Here's the confession part! I know that some of my pals may remember Jackson - my true love!

I met him at the Art Bark Fest in Squaw Valley. It was lots of fun to see tons of doggies, but mostly to participate in the Dock Diving. Jackson was there to dock dive too. While Mom and Jackson's Ma jawed away, a big van stopped. A whole bunch of dogs tumbled out and one was... Jackson's Mom, Sport, who I also met. My Mom also met Sport's Mom.

Is this getting too confusing yet? It's hard to see, but my mom and Sport's mom had a talk. Ma never forgot it or Sport... or Jackson, obviously, and that was way back last September. Well... every weekend since March, Mom and Dad and I have been visiting Sport and her new babies. I could smell them when Mom and Dad came back from visiting!

Yesterday, we went down to visit again, only this time, we rode home with one of Sport's babies who was to live with me and Dad and Mom. My new sister's name is Avalon, and believe it or not, I actually like her! (It took a few hours, but now I follow her around everywhere!)



(Above picture courtesy of Tigana Goldens)
I know that one day, we'll have lots of adventures together, but for now, I still get to do all the special stuff with my peeps, cause Avalon sleeps so much! Today, for instance, I went to Blackie's Pasture for some pawesome swimming! [And besides, with Avalon (half sister to Jackson) here, I'll have a part of that handsome boy with me all the time!]



Puppy Zzzzzzzzzzzzs.









27 comments:

Sierra Rose said...

Pretty cute new furrie super pal!! What a sweetie pie! We know Avalon will be up for some great adventures with you in no time, Sammie!!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

OMD!

Khongrats!

I know woo will have so much to teach her!

We khan't wait to see woo, Avalon and Sierra Rose having GReat adventures!

Woo might want to paw Fiona fur some hints on sisfurs!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Wyatt said...

Samantha-
So nice to meet your new sister, she's a real cutie. And good job on your new skills!
Hey, We have been to Blackie's Pasture Park ..we have family in that neighborhood! Small World!
Wyatt

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Ohhh, Sammie, that's so exciting that you have a new sister. You guys will have soooo much fun. Our Mom is jealous, she wants a puppy.

Tucker and Daisy

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello samantha its dennis the vizsla dog oh hay wow a noo sister how eksiting!!! hay do yoo want a noo brother too let me no and i wil send tucker over for a wile!!! ha ha no i am just kidding mama sez i hav to stop trying to giv tucker away krool krool mama!!! ok bye

Infrequent Flyers said...

I love the name Avalon! (The movie Avalon was good, too.) Welcome to your new family, sweet puppy. You couldn't have come into a nicer home, and Samantha will be a fabulous big sis. I can't wait to meet you soon!

Ms. ~K said...

Oh Sammie, What lucky puppy Avalon is to have you for her big sister...She will love you and be your shadow before you know it!!!
Hugs and belly rubs to you both,
Kit and Pups

Amber-Mae said...

You got a new sista? That's wonderful! She is adorable.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Precious! Congrats on adding Avalon to your family!

And Sam, greyhounds totally feel your 3 minute sit stay pain. Its a long @$$ time!

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Yay a new sister! Avalon is a cutie patootie. You will have lots of funs with her. Today seems to be the day for new puupy news!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We love watching babies grow!! Avalon is a real sweetie, but Sammie, you'll always be first in our hearts!!

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! OMD Sammie ... how exciting. What a great name Avalon. What does it mean? I know you'll be good to Avalon. How's Ozzie doing ...? Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Tucker said...

My goodness a sister! I'm so jealous. Momma says I can;t have a sibling until I grow up - which will be forever!

woof - Tucker

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Welcome to Avalon - how beautiful she is!!! Phantom and Thunder can tell you all about having a sister - lots of fun for you and her.

We love her name too.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Scout and Freyja said...

You have a baby sisfur! You lucky, lucky girl. Please give her a little kiss from our momma 'cause she ♥s puppies so very much.

Unknown said...

Oh my God - HOW EXCITING!!! Congratulations, Sammie!! A new sister! She looks absolutely divine! I can just imagine all the amazing adventures you're going to have together from now on!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
ps. I get tired during the Sit Stays and want to lie down too...such a pain! Seriously, why sit when you can lie down??

houndstooth said...

Congratulations! Avalon is beautiful! I'll bet you'll be having lots of adventures together before you know it!

Bunny

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Welcome Avalon!!!

Oh Sammie, what a cute sister!!!! We just know you are going to teach her well!!

Smileys & Snuggles!
Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

Valerie Cummings said...

O M G!!!!!!! How did I miss this post?????????// Welcome Avalon!!!!!! Baby baby girlllll!!!!! Can not wait to meet you in person!!!!!! Youre so so beautiful!!!!! Sammie youre a lucky big sister!!!!!! Aweeee puppy breath and everything!!!! Hugs Joey and Kealani and Valerie!!!! OXOXOX

The Army of Four said...

Wayto go with the dumbbells! And WOW! What adorable puppies!!!!!
Tail wags,
Stormy

D.K. Wall said...

Woo - Welcome Avalon. Always love a new puppy addition!

Kari in Alaska said...

I have to admit that I don't really understand the whole dumbbell exercise

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

You got a sister?? I remember when I got Maisie last year. It was super-duper exciting! You will have fun!
your pal, Morgan

Hi! I'm Sierra-Dog! said...

Gasp! You have a new sister???? HOW EXCITING!!!!! Sisters are the best! OH, and she is soooo cute! I know you two will be the best of friends.
Take good care of Avalon, we can't wait to see more pics of you two together. =)
Sierra-dog, Dexie and the Peeps

the booker man said...

oh, miss sammie!
your little sis avalon is so stinking cute!! ya'll are gonna be bestest friendz for sures, and you'll get to show her how to do all the fun stuff as she grows up! :)
now, i have a question...is it hard to jump with that dumbell in your mouth?? you sure are a PRO! i don't like to sit for a long time either, so i agree with you on the 3 minute sit being too long! i'd lie down, too!
*woof*
the booker man

Taffy said...

Congrats on the new addition to your family, Samantha! You will be the best big sister ever, I just know it!
Snuggles,
twix

Augie and Ti's mom said...

So sweet x 1,000,000!! You are blessed!