Thursday, March 24, 2011

CDX at Santa Cruz Kennel Club Show - 3/24!

It was a dark and stormy day... Picture Snoopy uptop his doggehouse, typing. It was like that. As we pulled into the parking lot and readied our rollermobile complete with doggehcrate, chair for Momma and lotsa other stuffs, the downpour soaked us. Course... I didn't mind, cause I love the wet stuffs, but the hoomans were having a fuss over it!

This was the event where I was 'sposed to do some sorta magic that had sumpin' to do with the letters, C, D and X. There were a ton of doggehs here. (Even though there was a torrent.)

Here I am in my doggeh house. Waiting...

This is a furry cool day, for it seems to be just Mamma and me. I don't see Avalon anywhere and that's okay, cause I gots to concentrate. Next door is my pal, Shanti, who got her third UDX today. WOW! And next to Shanti is Quinn, a gorgeously handsome Sibe. I'll tell you how I feel about him a bit later heheh!

After a brief trip outside, I posed by the window. You can't see, but it is simply pouring out there!

You can see my performance in the movies below, but here we are lined up for the placements. Only four of us "qualified" out of a lot of doggehs.

I ended up with a second, but the best part was.... I earned my CDX! Whatever that means! Momma was furry happy!

Here I am posing with da Judge, who was most pawesome! If you'd like to see three short vids of my performancing, you can look at these, below!
Part I here
Part II here
Part III here
Momma still can't get the youtube movies to embed anymore... anybody got any suggestions? Thanks heaps! xo
PS: Wanna know who got first? Quinn!!! I gave him some kissies - Congrats Quinn!




19 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

I watched all 3 of the videos & I thought you did exceptionally good! You did the retrieve very well. I'm surprised you didn't have Distance Control because we usually have that exercise in Intermediate level. I guess it's not the same for every country.

Anyway, congratulations on your CDX title! I have no idea what it stands for either but it sure does make your registered name look a little more fancy with all these capital letters behind it. HEE HEE

Congratulations to all your friends too! That judge looks like a very nice person. I like judges that are friendly & fair with their markings.

houndstooth said...

Way to go, Sammie! That's a big accomplishment!

As far as the videos go, we just copy the embed html code and paste it into our html editor for the blog.

Bunny

Unknown said...

You posed rather exquisitely, and performed with true chutzpah. Congrats on your CDX. We think it means Chutzpah Dog Xcellence. Ya think?

Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Congrats, Sammie, you are such a clever girl. We couldn't watch you videos, too slow at home, but Mom says she will watch them at work and tell us all about them.

Tucker and Daisy

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! WOWie! Sammie. Golden Congrats. We could not watch the video (it is not loading) ... mmmm techno trouble ( for mom is not happy). Will log on out tube account n check it out from there. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Sammie - you did so well. We are surprised you got second - looked like an A+ performance to us.

We do our videos the same way as Bunny and haven't had any trouble. Not sure what to suggest.

Shanti is very handsome- can't wait to hear more about you and him.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Snowie Baby said...

wow! youre amazing! we are so proud of you too!

woof woof!!

Barb said...

Gosh - I was panting here in CO (an I'm a hooman) while I watched your testing, but you looked cool as a cucumber, Sammie. Congratulations!

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations, Sammie! You did a fabulous job! You are just sooooooooooo smart!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

NCmountainwoman said...

Way to go!!! I tried to make Ellie and Lucy watch your performance, but they are just lying around. I keep telling them what other Goldens are doing but they just look at me as if I'm crazy.

Glad all that hard work and training paid off. Congratulations!

George The Lad said...

Wow, you were stuck to mom like glue!! congratulations, love your new header to ;)
Soory can't help with the youtube.
I just clicked on embed on the full youtube page, turned the blogger post onto HTML and pasted it, youtube did give me a choice of codes eg blogger, facebook.
have a good week
See Yea George xxx

Lorenza said...

Congratulations, Sammie!
You did it great!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The Army of Four said...

Way to go, Sammmmmmie!!!!!!!! You must have done that concentrating really well!
Hmm... yeah, Quinn is pretty handsome, but does he love Kong-on-a-Rope as much as me? Woo.
Luv,
Dave

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Congrats Sammie!! You did fantastic!

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

Augie and Ti's mom said...

Wowie! That was super-duper cool! You looked perfect out there! Congrats, I'm very proud of you!

Unknown said...

Sorry this is so late, Sammie but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What a fantastic achievement! And in so short a time too!! I thought you looked so good working in the ring...no wonder your human is so proud of you! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
ps. wow - I couldn't believe that first picture - that rain!!!

Asta said...

Avalon
congwatulations on getting youw CDX!!!!huwwwah!!!!! that is so cool and congwatulations to Quinn too.
That wain looked fewocious, glad you wewe inside , nice and dwy
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Wrigley said...

Congratulations on earning your CDX (I have no idea what that is, but I am sure it was difficult). Also, Happy Birthday to Avalon (saw the pics on Sierra's site)!

Wags N Kisses,
Wrigley

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I khould tell Quinn was a winner!

I know the good ones!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I would have been happy to just go sit in the rain and be a sponge!