Thursday, October 28, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Avalon: I also think Mamma did a poor job this year. While I like my princess outfit, it's waaaay too small. Okay...okay, I'm petite, but today, I am feeling especially fat, cause this costume is size LARGE!!!
Don't you think my Howl-o-ween threads were totally more stylin' last year?
Sunday, October 24, 2010
And Part II...
After these tests, I had to go back in the ring with other doggehs to do "Sits and Downs," where I have to Sit for 3 Minutes while Ma is out of the ring away from my sight, then Down for five minutes with Mom out of sight. Even if I've done good on my exercises, I can just as easily get an NQ if I get up from a down, or ... the reverse. I stayed on both and Mom was patting me hard and finally giving me treats when I got back to my area!!! Then imagine all our surprises when...Holy Moly... I won Open A! So after a while of partying and such, we went home and slept soundly... believe you me, it's just exhausting to answer to Ma's commands! The next day was "Specialty Day" when it was all Golden Retrievers - woo hoo! And guesses to who was there? No pix, but my boyfriend, Jackson, was there! Also, Avalon met up with her brothers, Ronan and Thistle. Above is Avalon with Ronan!
Even though I was entered in Open A again, I failed to "DROP" on the recall and NQ'd... bummer. Jes' didn't hear Ma right heheh! But I was due to be in a "Rescue" parade after my class. Here I am trotting out with so many other NorCal golden retriever rescues!
Thursday, October 21, 2010
After we left the Bishop area, we headed back to Lone Pine, our HQ, and decided to check out the film museum there, cause on the way to Mount Whitney on the Portal Road, there are a bunch of rocks, collectively called the Alabama Hills. 100s... maybe 1000s of movies and TV shows have been shot there and the museum has a lot of media memorabilia in it. Afterwards, we actually went and explored in and about the rocks and had a great time chasing all manner of furry creatures heheh!
There was a spectacular sunset, and even though it wasn't all pink and orange and rosy, it was very dramatic, just like those spaghetti westerns. You'll see some pictures of that in the slideshow too. The next morning we had to pack up and leave...
This is the cool highway we've been following almost ever since Mohave.
Here we are, traveling north and climbing a pass as we leave Mono Lake, which sits in a valley just east of Yosemite National Park.
That evening, we reached Virginia City - our final destination before driving home the following day. This guy doggehsat us for a while. Look at that gun!
He wasn't a very good doggeh nanny, cause we escaped for a while and got Mom in trouble. Uh oh.
In addition to what we barked below, we suggest you might like to view the show enlarged by clicking on the double squares, lower right. Enjoy!
We know this is a huge post and don't expect you to look at all these pictures, but for those of you who might like to see more of the Eastern Sierra... well, we wanted to share our adventures.
A moment around the campfire... above... and...
...in the spirit of Halloween - the "Bucket of Blooooooooood"!
Monday, October 18, 2010
An army of Joshua Trees near the Kerns River, where the doggies swam and played!
We stopped at this curiosity store, "Robbers Roost" and were totally taken by the "cashier"!!!
Waking up to a clear, blue sky and straight-arrow view of Mount Whitney - back center!
Our first night provided us with a spectacular sunset show - wowzers!
Thursday, October 7, 2010
It's hard to have a smiley face while I wait forever for Ma to get us one of Sugar's treats that we find inside the box!
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
1. Thank the pupper that gave us the award and link back to them -
2. Name 10 things about us -
3. Pass this award on to 15 blogger pals (or not-yet-pals)
4. Comment on the blog award recipients
5. Heheh: Have fun!
So: what we are gonna do is have moi, Sammie, tell 5 things about me; then, Avalon will paw 5 things about her. Here goes:
1. Since Emerald told us we got this award cause we loves the water so much, I guess it's no secret that we adores swimming!
2. Most of my pals couldn't possibly know how much I loves foodables or even non-foodables.
3. And I can't imagine that y'all know how much I loves chasing my kong hehehe!
4. How many of you know that I have this propensity for eating poo? Especially horsie droppings?
5. I absolutely loves my Dad and am all over him when he gets home at night. (He always takes me for a walkie, which I adore.) And here's Avalon:
6. I like duckies.
7. I absolutely tutely am in loves with my sisfur, Sammie.
8. Good things happen when Ma puts us in the car.
9. I have a passion for and even know what the word, COOKIES, means.
10. I love my home and everything in it and that means Sammie, Mom and Dad.And next, we are honored to accept this amazing award. We must:
1. Write 7 things about us - since we just told you lotsa stuff, we're going to embarrass Ma and have her do the telling hehehe!
2. Pass this award onto 15 blogger pals.
3. Link back to the givers of this award and comment on the Blog award recipients.
Okay... here goes...
1. I love being semi-retired!
2. I am horribly disorganized. Since I tend to procrastinate, this is definitely a problem.
3. Life here is very dog and grandchildren-centered, which makes life somewhat hectic at times!
4. The next year will have to be intensely focused as my husband is retiring in September 2011, and we'll be making a lot of changes. You'll hear about it in the poor dogs' blog!
5. I am frustrated by not getting to our bloggie pals' posts as much as I'd wish - ironic how I take the pups out to play, take photos, and then race back to upload and blog, when I really should be doing the laundry or something.
6. I'm dying to find software for movies! That works!
7. Someday, I wanna unnderstand about Photoshop!
And that's it, kids! I'm gonna be a wimp and ask, PLEASE, that for anyones who do not have these awards to kindly take them and tell us a little bit about yourselves, your doggehs or your maiden aunt?? We love hearing about your foibles and loves!